Who is Matt Phelps?
Matt Phelps is a Strength and Speed coach servicing the Capital District of Albany, NY. His intense, no-nonsense style of training is not for the faint hearted, but has never failed to produce incredible gains in size, speed, strength, and overall conditioning. Matt has extensive experience training athletes of all ages, sports, and abilities but has developed a niche as the leading authority on the physical development of football and lacrosse players of the Capital District.
Some of Matt’s Credentials Include:
- Experience as the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach of Siena College (2004-2007)
- Experience as a Strength Coach for Elite Athlete Training Systems, the leading authority on sports conditioning in the DC Metro Area, where he trained athletes from youth, collegiate, Olympic, and professional levels.
- Matt has an M.S. in Exercise Science, and is certified by both the NASM and the NSCA.
While his experiences in the weight room and on the track have been his biggest educational tools, his knowledge of science has enabled him to develop training programs that maximize athletic potential.
Who is Brian Matthews?
Brian is a Strength and Conditioning coach who not only brings experience working in the strength and conditioning industry as a coach, but has been there as an athlete as well. As a 4 Year Starter at OLB for Hartwick College, Brian knows what it takes to physically prepare young football players for their sport. Consequently,he is able to combine his background as a player with his knowledge as a coach, providing young athletes with the formula they need to get better. His unique, results-driven approach to training has served to help hundreds of athletes maximize their performance and realize their athletic potential by focusing on the achievement of substantial gains in strength, flexibility, speed, agility and quickness (SAQ). Brian has worked with individuals from a vast array of sports and athletic disciplines including, but not limited to, football, wrestling, lacrosse, basketball, and baseball. He believes that consistency, intensity, and, of course, toughness are the keys to getting bigger, faster, and stronger and seeks to instill this in all the athletes with whom he works.
- Trained hundreds of athletes from the middle school, high school and Division I, II, and III levels.
- Applied his methods and delivered results to non-athlete populations and helped them to achieve their fitness goals.
- Has spent time as a College Athlete (OLB for Hartwick College Football), so he knows what it takes to get to that level, and what it takes to PLAY at that level.